... or at least make a dent!

World Vets brings veterinarians, medical staff, and volunteers together to provide sterilization surgeries and medical aid to pets around the world! This blog is the story of our trip to Lake Atitlan, Guatemala, April 2012. Our goal: reduce pet overpopulation and limit the spread of disease among pets in the villages around Lake Atitlan. Please follow along!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Morning in Tikal

The internet in the jungle is spotty and it takes forever to load photos, so there are going to be some short posts for a day or two. Sorry - I'll do what I can!
I woke up and opened the hotel room door, and this guy was out on the lawn, waiting to say hello:
 This is our hotel, the Tikal Inn. The water is much more acceptable today. Still not hot, but at least warm. The staff have been friendly, and other than the water incident, it's all been great.
 Here's Sandy with her pancake breakfast. I had eggs. The food at our hotel is really good, which is great since we had prepaid for our breakfasts and dinners!
 After breakfast, I noticed what I thought was a mango tree outside. I was really happy about that until I learned they weren't really mangoes. Just a relative:
If you can find the lizard in this photo, you win a prize:
 And this sign is awesome, because hotel staff had to warn us not to swim at night because they keep having crocodiles sneak into the pool.
 After all that morning fun, Stacy and Sandy set off on a guided archaeological tour, and I went off into the jungle to explore. Since I'm blogging, you know I survived the adventure. So I'm going to try to upload some of the photos from that excursion now. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. you went by yourself into the jungle? not good, but glad to hear this post is after you got back!!!
    I see a brownish leaf by the concrete...is that the lizard?

    ReplyDelete