... or at least make a dent!

World Vets brings veterinarians, medical staff, and volunteers together to provide sterilization surgeries and medical aid to pets around the world! This blog is the story of our trip to Lake Atitlan, Guatemala, April 2012. Our goal: reduce pet overpopulation and limit the spread of disease among pets in the villages around Lake Atitlan. Please follow along!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

First Ruins

 So, as I was running through the jungle, I ran into my first Mayan ruin: Temple 38:
Then I went a little further on and came around a small hill, and BOOM!
Then I climbed to the top of that tower in the middle of the picture and this is what it looked like:
 The Mayans used windows too!
The red stuff is real 3,000 year-old paint!
There was this amazing pathway back to the jungle: 
There were tons more ruins, and I took a bunch more photos, and I'll try to post them tomorrow, but the internet is about to be shut off for the night. So I'll leave you with a shot of my snack on the way back to the hotel:
 Cross your fingers that the internet is faster tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm mango, right? that would be an awesome snack on a hot day. those are great pictures, love the red paint...old stuff

    ReplyDelete